Chief Technology Officer
An innovative architectural design / manufacturing leader with an intuitive grasp of modularity, structures, BIM / MCAD design process, materials, building systems and the critical path.
35+ years creating and managing multi-disciplinary design and precision manufacturing teams and creating offsite manufacturing facilities that successfully delivered high-profile projects around the world.
Blair Davies, P.Eng. MBA
Chief Operating Officer
An expert in Modular Building and Facade Systems that are innovative, aesthetic, sustainable, constructible, affordable and proven .
With 30+ years in complex roles of leadership in design, manufacturing, strategy, sales and marketing in multiple industries, provides his Clients with unique points of view on problem analysis, solution generation and implementation.
Select Projects Completed by COCo Principals / 2005-2020
• DfMA prototyping and patent applications for two modular construction systems, both deployed, global market
• DfMA, plant design, setup, staffing and management, 12’ x 30’ AAA modular WC project, Canada
• DfMA, production, patent process, module chassis assembly system, transfer equipment, Canada
• DfMA, production and installation management, prefabricated façade rollout, major national fashion chain, multiple locations, USA
• DfMA prototyping, tooling production and in-plant commissioning for data centre partitioning system, 11km / 6.8 miles produced, USA
• DfMA, production and installation of a model-coordinated architectural spiral stairs, Seagram’s Building, Bloomberg HQ, 2 x Global retail flagships, USA
• Operational review and reporting, large panelized wall system manufacturer, USA
• DfMA, bathroom pods for production in China, installation in USA
• DfMA, sculptural ceiling for parking structure, Canada
• DfMA, fabrication and installation, complete large-scale interior, medical teleconferencing theatres, Canada
• Design, patent process, semi-autonomous hoisting system, global market
• DfMA, manufacturing, integration, installation, patent process, modular electronic housing, multiple locations, USA, Canada
• Design, patent process, perimeter protection system (“humane minefield”) confidential location
• Design, fabrication, commissioning, large scale fixturing for steel fabrication, multiple locations, USA and Canada
• Design, construction, staffing, operation of DfMA / Industry 4.0 “War Room”, Canada
• Factory planning and interim operational management oversight, steel panelized facility, KSA
• Erection and staffing planning, 60,000 tons structural steel for top 60 floors of a 180 story building, KSA
• Detailing assistance, functional prototype, self-powered incinerating WC, global
• Design, tooling for 3500 feet stainless steel railings, Canada
• Detailing, manufacturing troubleshooting, large-scale water flow testing apparatus
• General market and process consulting services, modular producers in Korea, KSA, USA
Design, specification and drawing package consulting with Architects across the country. Particular projects include:
o La Ferme: Baie St Paul, composite wood facade.
o Loblaws/Provigo Toronto and Montreal, composite wood façade.
o Adonis, Brossard QC, curved composite wood façade.
o U Ottawa, Lobby interior, perforated composite wood façade.
o Brockville Hospital, fibre cement.
o MaRS Building, Toronto, terracotta façade and soffit.
o Variety of Custom homes.
o Currently Midrise Multi-residential (CERACLAD), Hi Rise Multi-residential (Dekton), secondary school (Corium brick façade), Government building Halifax (Argeton Terra Cotta), Seniors Home (CERACLAD).